General Terms and Conditions
Südwestdeutsche Salzwerke AG conducts thorough research and does everything it can to publish only complete and correct information on its websites. Nevertheless, no warranty or liability is accepted for the comprehensiveness, topicality, quality and accuracy of the information. Sole responsibility for using the information lies with the user.
All content, including all text, images, graphics, designs, icons etc. on the websites of Südwestdeutschen Salzwerke AG are protected by copyright. All commercial utilisation, in particular storage in databases, publication as well as any form of commercial utilisation without the consent of the owner of the rights is prohibited.
The quality philosophy of Südwestdeutschen Salzwerke AG includes handling your data in a responsible manner. Your personal data arising out of the use of the content will therefore be gathered, saved and processed only to the extent that this is necessary for the provision of the service and is required or permitted by statutory regulations. We make further use of your personal data only to the extent that you have expressly consented to this. You may revoke any possible consent at any time.
Südwestdeutsche Salzwerke AG shall handle your data in a confidential manner and in accordance with the provisions of data protection legislation, and shall not forward this to third parties. The personal data shall be saved on servers of the company commissioned by Südwestdeutsche Salzwerke AG for this purpose.
The websites of Südwestdeutschen Salzwerke AG contain links to other websites. The third-party websites were checked for unlawful content prior to publication of these links. Südwestdeutsche Salzwerke AG does not, however, have any control over the material published on such sites, and is not responsible for the content or for the data protection strategies of third-party sites. Südwestdeutsche Salzwerke AG accepts no liability whatsoever for the content of the linked sites. Südwestdeutsche Salzwerke AG shall check reports of unlawful content, and shall remove the link if necessary.
Südwestdeutsche Salzwerke AG is the owner of all the brands and logos published on its own websites. This does not apply to the brands and logos of other companies that are included for information purposes in conjunction with an external company. The respective companies own these brands and logos.
Use of the brands and logos of Südwestdeutschen Salzwerke AG as well as of the respective companies by third parties – irrespective of the manner of this utilisation – is prohibited.
General Terms and Conditions of Business and Sale for the Purchase or Reservation of Admission Tickets via the Online Portal www.salzbergwerk.de
The following describes the general terms and conditions of business and sale for the sale of admission tickets or reservations via the Internet on the website www.salzbergwerk.de of Südwestdeutsche Salzwerke AG (SWS AG). Purchase of admission tickets online with direct payment online is only possible up to a maximum of 19 visitors; this admission ticket can be printed out immediately after payment or displayed on a mobile device. For a higher number of visitors, there is only the option of a reservation; the reservation ticket must then be presented at the box office during the visit, and the valid ticket will then be issued after payment on site.
The following terms and conditions apply to all deliveries and services in connection with the reservation, sale and delivery of admission tickets for the visitor mine in Berchtesgaden (hereinafter "admission ticket").
The General Terms and Conditions of Contract and Regulations for Conduct in the Visitor Mine (AVB) shall apply to the visit to the visitor mine.
Insofar as the customer is a commercial customer (acting in the exercise of a commercial or self-employed professional activity), additional terms and conditions shall apply - for these only - to which separate reference is made in each case and which are printed in italics.
For the sake of better readability, these General Terms and Conditions of Business are not gendered. The term "customer" refers - as it always has - to persons of any gender.
§ 1 Purchase of tickets
Tickets and reservations for the following admissions can be purchased at www.salzbergwerk.de:
(1) Tickets to visit the salt mine in Berchtesgaden.
(2) Combined tickets for the visit of the Salt Mine in Berchtesgaden and the Old Saltworks in Bad Reichenhall (for special features see § 3).
(3) Tickets for the dinner in the Berchtesgaden Salt Mine (special features see § 10).
§ 2 Procedure Purchase and reservation for the visit to the salt mine.
Tickets and reservations for the visit of the salt mine in Berchtesgaden can be purchased on the website www.salzbergwerk.de as follows:
(1) Order with login (after receipt of password and login name) for tour operators: reservation only, payment before entry at the cash desk in the visitor mine or against invoice, if applicable (see § 24 in particular).
(2) Order without login:
a) Individual/group bookings of 1 - 19 tickets: booking and payment online by credit card, immediate bank transfer or Paypal; receipt of the ticket(s) as an online ticket for self-printing (online ticket) or for display on a mobile device.
b) Order of 20 tickets or more: Reservation online: Receipt and payment of the ticket(s) on site at the cash desk in the visitor mine or against invoice, if applicable.
c) Children up to three years of age are admitted free of charge. However, a ticket must also be purchased for them. However, if the correct age is given, the ticket will not be charged. The age can be checked at the time of the visit (ID card). If the entitlement to a free ticket cannot be proven at the time of attendance, the regular ticket price must be paid.
§ 3 Purchase and reservation for a "Combiticket"
Combi-tickets can be purchased for the following admissions during specific offer times, but not during the partners' revision or closing times:
(1) Berchtesgaden Salt Mine + Old Salt Works in Bad Reichenhall - see § 4 for details.
(2) Berchtesgaden Salt Mine + Kehlsteinhaus - for details see § 5.
(3) Berchtesgaden Salt Mine + Königssee - see § 6 for details.
(4) Salt mine Berchtesgaden + Jennerbahn - for details see § 7.
(5) Berchtesgaden Salt Mine + Berchtesgaden Advent - see § 8 for details.
(6) Berchtesgaden Salt Mine + Berchtesgaden Advent (Salz. Berg. Advent) - for details see § 9.
§ 4 Combiticket Salt Mine Berchtesgaden + Old Salt Works
(1) Combi-tickets Salt Mine Berchtesgaden + Old Salt Works can be purchased online (like online-tickets for the Salt Mine) for 1-19 persons and reserved online for 20 persons or more.
(2) For combination tickets with the Old Salt Works, the maximum group size is 50 people per guided tour in the Salt Mine and 40 people per guided tour in the Old Salt Works.
(3) When booking via www.salzbergwerk.de, the customer selects a fixed date and time for the Berchtesgaden Salt Mine and the Old Salt Works. The customer will then receive a PDF with 2 tickets (one page for the Berchtesgaden Salt Mine and one page for the Old Salt Works).
(4) The ticket for the Berchtesgaden Salt Mine is validated directly at the turnstile in the salt mine on the booked date;
(5) The ticket for the combination for the Old Salt Works validated by the cashier at the Old Salt Works.
§ 5 Salt Mine Berchtesgaden + Kehlsteinhaus
(1) Combination tickets Salt Mine Berchtesgaden + Kehlsteinhaus can be reserved online for 20 persons or more (for adults and children).
(2) When purchasing via www.salzbergwerk.de, the customer selects a fixed date and time for the Berchtesgaden Salt Mine, and does not select a date and time for the Kehlsteinhaus. The customer then receives a PDF with 1 ticket and 1 voucher (for the Berchtesgaden Salt Mine and for the Kehlsteinhaus).
(3) The ticket for the Berchtesgaden Salt Mine is validated directly at the turnstile in the salt mine on the booked date;
(4) The ticket for the combination (="voucher" for the Kehlsteinhaus) is validated by the cashier (Kehlsteinhaus) within the validity period of the combination and the customer receives the valid admission ticket for this.
(5) When making a group reservation via www.salzbergwerk.de, the customer selects a fixed date and time for the Berchtesgaden Salt Mine; for the Kehlsteinhaus, the customer specifies a desired date. The customer receives a PDF with 1 reservation (for the Berchtesgaden Salt Mine and for the Kehlsteinhaus).
(6) As soon as the customer receives a reservation confirmation from the Kehlsteinhaus, the reservation is valid.
(7) The combination ticket is only valid on the day of purchase and on the two following days. It can only be redeemed within this period according to (4).
§ 6 Combiticket Berchtesgaden Salt Mine + Königsee Boat Trip
(1) Combined tickets for the Berchtesgaden Salt Mine and the Königsee boat trip can be reserved online (like online tickets for the Salt Mine) for groups of 20 or more. The combination ticket is only valid on the day of purchase. It can only be redeemed on this day according to (4).
(2) When booking via www.salzbergwerk.de, the customer selects a fixed date and time for the Berchtesgaden Salt Mine; for the trip via Königssee, the customer specifies a desired time. The customer receives a PDF with 1 reservation (for the Berchtesgaden Salt Mine and for Lake Königssee).
(3) As soon as the customer receives a reservation confirmation from Restaurant Bergschänke and Königseeschifffahrt, the reservation is valid.
(4) The customer presents the reservation confirmation at the cash desk (salt mine), after payment on site the valid ticket is then issued. The ticket for the combination (="voucher" for Königssee) is validated by the cashier within the period of validity (day of purchase) of the combination and the customer receives the valid ticket for this.
§ 7 Combiticket Salt Mine Berchtesgaden + Jenner Railway
(1) Combination tickets Salt Mine Berchtesgaden + Jennerbahn can be purchased online (like online tickets for the Salt Mine) for 1-19 persons and reserved online for 20 persons or more. It is available for adults and children. It is only valid on the day of purchase and the two following days. It can only be redeemed during this period according to (4).
(2) The ticket for the combination (="voucher" for the Jennerbahn) will be validated by the cashier (Jennerbahn) within the validity period of the combination and the customer will receive the valid admission ticket for this.
(3) For group reservations via www.salzbergwerk.de, the customer selects a fixed date and time for the Berchtesgaden Salt Mine, and for the Jennerbahn the customer specifies a desired date and time. The customer receives a PDF with 1 ticket and 1 voucher (for the Berchtesgaden Salt Mine and for the Jennerbahn).
(4) As soon as the customer receives a reservation confirmation from the Jennerbahn, the reservation is valid.
§ 8 Combiticket Salt Mine Berchtesgaden + Berchtesgaden Advent
(1) Combitickets Salzbergwerk Berchtesgaden + Berchtesgaden Advent can be reserved online (like online tickets for the salt mine) for groups of 20 or more (only available for adults). Combiticket is only valid during Advent and only during the offer period. It can only be redeemed in this period according to (4).
(2) When booking via www.salzbergwerk.de, the customer selects a fixed date and time for the Berchtesgaden Salt Mine, and does not select a date and time for the Berchtesgaden Advent. The customer receives a PDF with 1 ticket (for the Berchtesgaden Salt Mine).
(3) The customer presents the reservation confirmation at the cash desk (salt mine), after payment on site the valid ticket is then issued and the vouchers for mugs with filling are handed out.
(4) After the guided tour of the salt mine, the customer will have a meal at the Bergschänke restaurant opposite the salt mine. The customer shall show the Salt Mine ticket in the restaurant.
§ 9 Combiticket Salz.Berg.Advent (Berchtesgaden Salt Mine + Berchtesgaden Advent)
(1) Combitickets Salz.Berg.Advent can be reserved online (like online tickets for the Salt Mine) for groups of 20 or more (only available for adults). The combination ticket is only valid during Advent and only during the offer period. It can only be redeemed in this period according to (4).
(2) When booking via www.salzbergwerk.de, the customer selects a fixed date and time for the Berchtesgaden Salt Mine, and does not select a date and time for the Berchtesgaden Advent.
(3) The customer presents the reservation confirmation at the cash desk (salt mine), after payment on site the valid ticket is then issued and the vouchers for mugs with filling are handed out.
§ 10 Special features Purchase for the "Dinner in the Salt Mine" ticket
In the case of online tickets for the Dinner in the Salt Mine, the following applies in deviation from § 2:
The purchase is made as described in § 2 with the exception that an online reservation for a freely selectable date is not possible. When purchasing tickets online, a specific date must be selected.
§ 11 Special features Purchase for the "Staade Zeit im Berg" ticket
In the case of online tickets for the Staade Zeit im Berg (with reading in the Heilstollen), the following applies in deviation from § 2:
(1) The purchase is made as described in § 2 with the exception that an online reservation (from 50 persons) is only possible for a specific date.
(2) When purchasing tickets online (up to 19 persons), a specific date must also be selected. The customer chooses between a berth and a seat.
§ 12 Reductions and proof
(1) Reduced tickets are available for persons with discount vouchers, which are shown in the online ticket shop of the Salt Mine. These can also be booked online. Scanning of discount tickets is not required. However, the existence of this entitlement to receive a discount will be checked at the time of the visit. If the entitlement cannot be proven at the time of the visit, the ticket does not entitle the holder to admission.
§ 13 Conclusion of contract
(1) In the case of offers that can be booked online, the contract is concluded upon completion of a booking dialogue at www.salzbergwerk.de. The booking dialogue is completed by clicking on the booking button. The booking dialogue is concluded by clicking the buttons "Submit order" and "Binding purchase".
(2) After the ticket order and/or reservation on www.salzbergwerk.de, the customer reaches the payment (up to 19 visitors). Payment is selected via Unzer. After payment has been made, the customer will immediately receive an e-mail with his/her order details for confirmation.
§ 14 Online ticket for self-printing / display on mobile devices
(1) Online tickets for self-printing or for reading from a mobile device are available if payment is made by credit card, by instant bank transfer or by Paypal. For a number of 1-19 visitors, the online ticket is obligatory.
(2) When ordering, only the e-mail address is recorded from the visitor, optionally also the postcode and the country.
(3) Online tickets for the visit to the salt mine can be booked at any time up to 30 minutes before the start of the tour at the latest. After successful booking, the ticket will be sent by e-mail as a PDF file and can be displayed or printed out. To view or print PDF files, you need the free Adobe Reader. Click here to download Adobe Reader.
(4) When ordering the Online Ticket, the person making the booking will also receive by e-mail
a) the Online Ticket again as a PDF attachment for self-printing
b) these General Terms and Conditions
(5) The online ticket must either be printed out on paper in DIN A 4 format or read off a mobile device. The ticket shows the admission tickets, if applicable for several persons.
(6) The Online Ticket is transferable.
(7) In the online ticket procedure, the various booking data are encrypted in a data matrix code. In the event of misuse (e.g. attempt at unauthorised multiple use of an Online Ticket), there is no valid admission ticket. In this case, the admission price will be charged subsequently. In addition, the misuse will be reported to the police.
§ 15 Inspection and complaints
(1) Immediately after receipt of the admission ticket or the order confirmation sent by email, the customer is obliged to check it for correctness with regard to the number of visitors, date and time. The details on the invoice or receipt must also be checked.
(2) Complaints about incorrect tickets or invoices must be made immediately (i.e. within two working days at the latest) after receipt of the order confirmation. The complaint must be made in writing,
a) by e-mail to email@example.com ,
b) by fax to +49 (0)8652 - 6002-60 or
c) by letter to Südwestdeutsche Salzwerke AG, Bergwerkstr. 83, 83471 Berchtesgaden.
(3) The postmark or the date of the transmission protocol of mail/fax shall be decisive for the observance of the complaint period. If the customer has any questions, he can contact the telephone service of Südwestdeutsche Salzwerke AG at 08652/6002-0 (business hours Mon - Thurs 08:00 to 16:30, Fri 08:00 to 12:30).
§ 16 Cancellation
(1) The online purchase of tickets for 1 - 19 persons is always binding. Purchased tickets can neither be cancelled nor exchanged.
(2) Cancellation of a group reservation is possible free of charge up to 5 days before the visit. Cancellation must be made by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the cancellation is made less than 5 days before the booked date, a cancellation fee of 20% of the booking amount will be charged.
§ 17 Credit card payment procedure
(1) Three payment procedures are offered for orders on www.salzbergwerk.de: Credit Card Payment, Sofortüberweisung and Paypal (§ 10). Customers can pay by credit card (Mastercard, Visa, Maestro) or at collection with the usual means of payment. Credit card number including expiry date and CVC number, if applicable, shall be used by the payment intermediary involved exclusively for the purpose of payment collection and shall be stored only for this purpose. If the case arises that there is no sufficient credit card cover, the order shall be invalid from the outset.
(2) After "credit card" has been selected as the payment method, you will be redirected to the Unzer payment page.
(3) Credit card payment is made by entering the credit card number, expiry date and, if applicable, CVC number in the corresponding input fields of the order dialogue.
§ 18 Payment procedure via Paypal
(1) After you have selected "Paypal" as the payment method, you will be redirected to the Unzer payment page. There the Paypal application opens in a separate window.
(2) You will then be asked to enter your login data (email address and password). You are then free to initiate payment by credit card, direct debit or direct debit from your Paypal account.
(3) To make a payment by credit card or direct debit, you must have activated this function in your PayPal account beforehand. You can find more information on the PayPal payment system at https://www.paypal.com/de.
§ 19 Data protection/data security
(1) Personal order data is collected, processed and used in accordance with the provisions of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). When payment is made at www.salzbergwerk.de, data is transmitted using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption method with 256 bits. SSL is used worldwide by credit institutions for online banking and currently meets the highest security standards on the Internet.
(2) As soon as you have entered your data during payment and clicked on the confirmation button, your details will be sent in encrypted form. This prevents external access.
§ 20 Withdrawal from SWS AG
(1) SWS AG is entitled to withdraw from the contract for good cause, in particular if force majeure or other circumstances for which SWS AG is not responsible make it impossible to fulfil the contract (e.g. mining measures or in the event of situations that could affect the safety of guests).
(2) In this case, the admission price already paid will be refunded. There shall be no liability for further damages.
§ 21 Limitation of liability
(1) SWS AG shall be liable for compensation of damages to the contractual partner caused within the framework of the contractual cooperation, regardless of the legal grounds, only in the case of intent or gross negligence. Insofar as SWS AG is not accused of intentional or grossly negligent breach of contract, the liability for damages shall be limited to the foreseeable, typically occurring damage.
(2) SWS AG shall further be liable in accordance with the statutory provisions if it culpably breaches a material contractual obligation. Material contractual obliga
§ 22 Miscellaneous
(1) Due to the technical characteristics of the Internet, the availability of all booking modules at www.salzbergwerk.de cannot be guaranteed at all times.
(2) The explanations during the guided tour are generally given in German. However, we offer our guests free audio guides. These are available in the following languages: English, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Slovenian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Arabic, Hebrew and Thai.
(3) The provisions on cancellation and the right of return for contracts concluded outside business premises and for distance selling contracts are not applicable to purchases of tickets for leisure events on the basis of the exceptional provision of Section 312g (2) No. 9 BGB if the contract - as here - provides for a specific date or period for the provision.
(4) Should individual clauses be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the other clauses.
(5) The exclusive applicability of German law is agreed. The sole place of fulfilment for delivery, performance and payment is Berchtesgaden. If both contracting parties are merchants, the courts with jurisdiction for Berchtesgaden (AG Laufen, LG Traunstein) shall have exclusive jurisdiction for all disputes arising directly or indirectly from the contractual relationship.
§ 23 Enquiries/contact
Enquiries relating to orders for admission tickets via www.salzbergwerk.de should be addressed to one of the addresses given in § 15(2).
§ 24 For pure reservations of 20 persons or more via login, the following also applies
(1) The access authorisation with password issued to the contractual partner is to be used exclusively by this partner and may not be passed on to third parties. The Contractual Partner shall be liable for all reservations made under the password assigned to it.
(2) Unless otherwise agreed, the price due for the group booking must be paid in cash or by EC or credit card at the latest immediately before the service is utilised at the admission desk. SWS AG offers selected contractual partners the option of billing with vouchers and on the basis of monthly invoices on the basis of a separate agreement. These invoices from SWS AG are due for payment without deduction upon receipt. The Contractual Partner shall be in default if it fails to make payment within 30 days of the invoice date.
(3) The group size per guided tour is between 50 and 55 persons (for the Old Salt Works: maximum 40 persons); SWS AG alone is responsible for the organisation. If this number is not reached by the group booked by the contractual partner, the group can be filled with other guests. If this is not desired, it is possible to book a separate exclusive tour at special conditions.
(4) In the case of pure group reservations without online payment, SWS AG is entitled to withdraw from the contract if facts exist which justify the concern that the contractual partner will not be able to pay for the booked service; this applies in particular if insolvency proceedings have been applied for against the assets of the contractual partner.